It's been quiet around here lately. The last few weeks have been busy with:
1. Packing up and cleaning the house we had been living in for the six months we were in Cambridge, giving away our things that wouldn't fit in our suitcases to come home and saying goodbye to friends and favourite places.
2. One week in Scotland, where Dave attended a conference in St Andrews and presented a couple of papers and the kids and I had a marvellous time staying in Duns (a town in the Scottish borders) with my parents.
3. A wonderful last two days where we headed south again (towards Heathrow), travelling through Haworth (Bronte sisters' parsonage) and the Lake District.
4. Two days getting home (including an overnight stopover in Singapore).
5. Two weeks back home, adjusting to a new time zone, dealing with the shock of being back after six months and settling the kids back into school (a new one in the case of one child).
I'm feeling like I'm just starting to get my head around being back and managing to stay awake past 7.30pm! I'm continuing to unpack boxes and generally trying to get organised. (The notes and payments for school alone seem never ending!) I'm expecting that things will continue to be a little quiet while I focus on what needs to be done to adjust to life back in Australia again.