As I did with Jacob a couple of weeks, I wanted to reflect on some of the things I love most about her:
* her thoughtful and kind nature - she's always been drawn to littler people and those who are new or need help.
* her LOVE of books, especially fiction. I used to think Jacob was a bookworm, but Rebecca takes it to a whole new level! I love reading with her, talking about books with her and doing my best to provide her with a constant supply of them from the library. It's like shovelling coal into a steam engine!
* the way she thinks so deeply and critically about things, including what she hears people say about God. Already, at a young age, she has a fierce desire to know what is true and to live by it.
* her tender conscience.
* her vivid and complex imagination and general day-dreaminess.
* the fact that she doesn't just want to follow the crowd.
* her honesty.
* her quirky sense of humour.
Happy birthday Rebecca!